Sunday, 2 October 2011

September Favourites



Haven't done as much spending this month compared to my usual splurges! Mainly down to the fact I've had barely any overtime at work and my basic wage on 16 hours a week is next to nothing after bills have been paid! However I did get a couple of bits, some are products I buy on a regular basis and others are ones I've been looking at for a while and decided to treat myself.

001. St Moriz Tan Lotion (£2.99 Bodycare) I've been using the dark mouse version of this fake tan for the past 18 months now and I still cant get enough of it! When they brought out the lotion version of this I thought I'd give it a go, and I've never never gone back to using the mouse since. Although its only the regular colour instead of dark, I personally think the lotion gives a better finish and doesn't leave any horrible patches when it fades because its quite moisturising (as well as the fact I moisturise vigorously every night before bed!) If I ever want to boost the colour and make it dark I just re-apply the lotion over a few days instead of once a week. Overall its my saviour when it comes to fake tan and its always on my monthly essentials, and for the price you can't complain!

002. Boots Latex Free Cosmetic Sponge Wedges (£1.75) These are another one of my beauty product essentials and buy a pack every month! I tend to only need to use one sponge a week, and wash them using my MAC Brusher Cleanser every time they've been used. After a week I tend to throw one away and start using a new one, which might seem like a bit of a waste but when I've got skin as bad as mine I like to keep things as clean as possible! I use these particular wedge sponges for applying my MAC Fix + Spray once I have applied all my make up. I wet the sponge in hot water first and squeeze out any excess so the sponge softens, then I put two spritz of the Fix + on to the sponge and dab all over my face to help set my make up and keep it in place. 

003. Neutrogena Deep Clean Daily Cleanser (£4.19 Boots) If you read my earlier post on my skin care review you will know that I have really bad, acne and spot prone skin. I'm always very cautious when it comes to buying skin products as I don't want anything to aggravate it too much and end up causing more breakouts than I already get. However this was on offer when I bought it so I thought I would give it a go and so far its been brilliant! In fact I would say it has helped clear a few blemishes that were starting to appear. I think one of my favourite parts about this product is the fact is doesn't leave your skin feeling horrible and tight unlike a lot of spot fighting cleansers. I'm going to continue using this over the next 6 weeks or so and then give a proper review and see if it really has made a difference to my skin.

004. The Bodyshop Mango Body Butter (£12.50) If I'm completely honest, I've never been one to go into The Bodyshop much as I think the prices are a bit expensive, well for me anyway! However whilst having a cheeky look around The Metrocentre I saw that their Body Butters were all half price, and after reading such great reviews on other bloggers posts I thought I would treat myself to one (Well actually I ended up getting two because my dad was lovely and also got me one!) I have really bad dry skin on the front of my legs, so I decided to go for the Mango tub, which also smells like Solero ice cream which is  added bonus! It was only when I got home and decided to use some before going to bed that I can understand why they are so expensive. They are so rich and full of oil, and you only need the tiniest amount to moisturise all over! I've only been using this product for the past few days but already it does feel like the texture of the skin on my legs is improving. Although I still think £12.50 is expensive, if it continues to improve how my legs look and feel I will definitely be investing again! This is without a doubt a product I would recommend everyone to try if they get the chance to. 

005. Superdrug Vitamin E Skin Oil  30ml (£2.99)  Yes I know, once again I'm raving about this product haha! It really is amaaaazing though! It retails at the price of £2.99 however all of the Superdrug Vitamin E range is on offer and this Skin Oil is currently only £1.99 so I've stocked up on quite a few bottles. I use this every night after my usual skin routine without fail, and in the morning I wake up and my skin is left feeling super soft, moisturised and glowing. I thought with it being quite rich it would aggravate my skin and cause breakouts, but in fact due to the goodness that Vitamin E has for skin it has improved it so much. If you haven't already tried this get down to your local Superdrug store and give it a go, you'll know exactly what I mean once you have started using it!

006. Carmex Lip Balm Tube 10g (£2.00 Sainsbury's) I had never used carmex before buying it last week after finishing a shift at work. I had heard great reviews about it so I thought for £2.00 (And using my staff discount card and getting it even cheaper) I would give it a go. I've tried various lip balms in the past but this is now the one I will continue to buy. It comes a little 10g tube which is perfect to keep in my bag all day when I'm out, and you only need to apply the smallest amount. The balm is quite thick but its not too much, and it leaves lips feeling soft and smooth with a gorgeous tingling sensation (I wasn't expecting this but absolutely love it!) It has a lovely smell to it too, I don't quite know how to describe it. I'm not sure if it would be to everyone's taste but its another reason as to why I'll be buying another tube once the one I'm using now runs out. I love how this is such a cheap, affordable product that everyone can have and yet it still gives great results every time.

Hope everyone is well and have been making the most of the gorgeous heatwave we've had over the past few days!

Katrina xxx

3 comments:

  1. That staff discount comes in handy doesn't it! haha pity it's only 10% like, i could do with mine being a bit more ;) haha
    The skin oil is SO good, i have it on right now in fact :)
    I need to try me some of this Body Shop body butter! £12.50 though, eeek! While it's half price i might indulge, but which scent to gett?! decisions decisions haha great post! must remember to do my September faves too! Love your blog, becoming one of my faves :)
    xxx


    http://angiebeautybelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great recommandation dear :D
    X
    http://monicakosasih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Body Shop. yes they are expensive but the are my guilty pleasure. I have the lip butters and they are lush, I also have a bdy butter in Spiced Vanilla and it smells like hot chocolate mmmmmmmm!!

    Em x

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete