Sunday, 9 October 2011

Recent Buys #2


Hi everyone! Haven't done any posts for a few days because I've been away to Edinburgh with my mam for a few days shopping. Had a great time despite the fact the weather was absolutely ridiculous! It was sooo cold and I've never seen rain so heavy in my life! Saying this I spent a small fortune (I'd been putting some of my wages away for the past few months!) so I got quite a few bits and bobs. Found some right bargains in the sales and I also took my mam to Harvey Nichols and she is no longer a MAC Cosmetic virgin wooooo! Anyway here's a few of my favourite bits I got whilst I was away, hope you like them!

001. Barry M Nail Paint in Raspberry (£2.99 Superdrug) I think I can speak for everyone when I say Barry M nail paints are amazing! This is one of my favourite shades along with 'Peach Melba' so decided to pick up another bottle as my older one is just about empty. I love that with these nail paints you very rarely need to do more than one coat as they're so pigmenated, where as some other brands you need to put two or three coats on to get a colour close to the shade of the bottle itself.

002. Collection 2000 Cream Puff in Powder Puff & Fairy Cake (£2.99 each Superdrug) I decided to give these a go after seeing Angie (http://angiebeautybelle.blogspot.com) do a review on them, and I absolutely love them! I love the way they feel when you apply them. Its like a smooth cream, not sticky like you get with the majority of lip glosses! The colours they give on your lips are also great! 'Powder Puff' is a gorgeous nude matt colour and I would say that 'Fairy Cake' is a gorgeous rich pink colour with a few reddish undertones. However, although I do adore both shades, I do find them a bit disappointing in the way they are labeled 'moisturising', I found that after an hour or so they tend to go quite dry and a bit chapped so you do need to keep reapplying. Overall for £2.99 and if you don't mind having to reapply a coat of your colour every now and then I would say this is definitely a product worth trying!

003. Collection 2000 Hot Looks Nail Polish Shade 50 (£1.79 Superdrug) Also picked up this nail varnish along with the other little bits and bobs I got in Superdrug. I seem to be wearing a lot of darker nail colours recently, I think it's because we're coming into winter! I'm yet to try this on so I can't say what its going to be like, however I've tried other colours in this range and two coats usually give you a great true colour to the shade of the bottle, and for only £1.79 I think its a bargain!

004. Miss Selfridge Red Pussybow Dress (£15.00 reduced from £28.00) I was debating or not whether to get this when it was full price, so when I went to the Miss Selfridge store in Edinburgh and saw it was in the sale I couldn't resist! I love the gorgeous chiffon pussybow detail around the neckline, and the colour of the whole dress is a beautiful red with bits of burgundy mixed in. Can't wait to wear this little number!

005. Dorethy Perkins Terracotta 50s Georgette Dress (£12.00 reduced from £39.50) I picked up this little bargain for my friends wedding over the weekend (even though I had already bought two dresses previous for it!) It's so nice on and the little black belt that comes with it helps to pull in your waist and give you that gorgeous hourglass figure. I'm going to wear it with some black heels and a little black clutch.

006. Topshop Faux Leather Dress (£7.00 reduced from £48.00) Yes, I know. I couldn't believe the price I got it for either haha! I'm not to sure what I'm going to wear it with yet but I do think it will look great with my black Chelsea boots and my hair in a messy top knot. I'll do an 'Outfit of the Day' post when I finally get round to wearing it.

007. Nine West Black Genevive Heels (£19.00 reduced from £95.00) Yet another pair of heels to add to my ever growing collection! I feel in love with these the moment I saw them, they're gorgeous! They're a leather platform and have a stunning chunky metallic heel. I've already worn them a couple of times and not once have they had my feet hurting. So glad I bought them! 

008. NEXT 'Adore' 100ml Eau De Toilette (£10.00 Next) I can honestly say I never thought of ever looking in Next for perfume but I'm glad I spotted this whilst my mam was in the changing rooms. I usually wear Kate Moss 'Kate' but fancied a change so I thought for £10 why not give it a go! It's a gorgeous fruity and floral scent, I think it almost smells like peaches as weird as that sounds, but it is lovely and it lasts as well which I love! 

I got quite a few other bits but these are my favourites which I thought I would share with you all, I hope everyone is well and have had a fab weekend!

Katrina xxx

2 comments:

  1. those shoes are amazing!!
    you have great style!

    http://lovefayexoxo.blogspot.com/

    LoveFaye xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveee that dress for £7! wowww, and glad you like the lip creams, it's true about reapplying but as long as that doesn't bother you, and i don't see why it should, they're so unusual and nice! :)
    xxx


    http://angiebeautybelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete